Saturday, February 06, 2010

Criminal Minds Marathon

What does it say about us as a society that anyone could sit through a marathon of this show. While I have no qualms about the production value of the program, it is the content that amazes and repels me. The thought that people can sit through it weekly was enough to cause this reaction, but the idea that anyone would watch a marathon is beyond belief. The show deals with the absolute worst of criminal behavior. It worries me that someone can even make this stuff up. I hope it isn't "ripped from the headlines" because that would be the only concept that would be worse. The idea that people actually work in this field is also very disturbing for their psyche. But even if this stuff does occasionally happen is bad enough, I fear the idea of it being entertaining to the general public and worthy of a marathon says something terrible about us as a society.

No comments: